If you are unsure if hospice care is right for you or your loved one, a pre-hospice consultation may be helpful. A pre-hospice care consultation may consist of the following services:
- Medical assessment by medical director certified in hospice and palliative medicine
- Physical history review
- Current and previous treatment review
- Review of responses to previous treatments
- Discussion with the patient and family regarding life goals
- Symptom management discussion
- Consultations regarding care options
- Information on Medicare and Medicaid benefits for those with terminal disease(s)
- Discussion with attending physician
How do I obtain a consultation?
- Call our toll-free telephone number, available 24 hours a day, at 800-404-4852.
- The patient, patient’s physician, family member, nurse, social worker or health care provider may request a consultation.
- A pre-hospice consultation by a hospice medical director is covered 100% by Medicare Part A one time per patient.
To schedule a pre-hospice consultation or to talk to a Community Home Health hospice liaison, please call 317-621-4800 or 800-404-4852 (toll-free), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.