Touchpoint HATS is an outpatient clinic for comprehensive assessment of common issues related to aging, such as memory problems or falls. Signs of memory loss or aging difficulties >>
Our team includes a geriatrician (physician specializing in care for aging patients), a social worker and a nurse practitioner. Patients may be self-referred, referred by a loved one or referred by a physician.
HATS provides a wide range of assessments and services, including the following:
- Comprehensive geriatric assessment
- Cognitive assessment with onsite neuropsychological testing available if indicated
- Assessment of caregiver burden
- Depression assessment
- Falls and mobility evaluation
- Functional decline assessment
- Medication review and counseling
- Needs assessment
- Suitability of living arrangement
Here’s what to expect:
During the first visit, which can last between two and three hours, the patient receives a comprehensive geriatric assessment by the team, including a psychosocial evaluation, as well as a review of all medications. Additional testing, such as lab work or imaging, may be ordered as needed. For patients with cognitive impairment, a battery of neuropsychological tests will be used to assess details of the patient’s memory problems for further planning. Medical interventions will be made if necessary during this visit.
The patient and family are invited back for a case conference in the second visit, during which the results of the team assessment and findings are discussed. Recommendations for plan of care are then determined and implemented based on the patient and family/caregiver’s goals and wishes. The patient’s primary care physician is updated about the team’s recommendation. Follow-up appointments, in coordination with the primary care physician, will be arranged as needed.
During any visit, our social worker is available to you to provide assistance with information on desired services and obtaining community resources.
Our clinicians are credentialed with all the major insurance providers, and most insurers pay for this service. Please contact your insurance company to verify coverage.
Our staff is trained to evaluate and address patient and family/caregiver needs as well as to work with the patient's primary care physician to obtain any needed services and resources for maintaining an optimum level of health. Our goal is to exceed patient expectations by providing exceptional experience and care. Meet the team >>
- Syeda Naqvi, M.D., geriatrician
- Molly Campbell, NP, geriatric nurse practitioner
- Katie Bennett, LCSW, master's level clinical social worker
- Todd Wagoner, MSW, LSW, master's level clinical social worker
- Millicent Pettaway, R.N., geriatric nurse
- Moriah King, MA, medical assistant
- LaShawn Williams, MA, medical assistant
- Kelly Grabman, Touchpoint practice administrator
Please contact a HATS clinic location, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., for more information about Touchpoint Healthy Aging Transition Services. E-mail HATS >>
To schedule a clinic appointment, please call 317-621-4657. Physician referral forms may be faxed to 317-355-8750.