The PGY2 residency programs are co-funded with Butler University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. The residents are given an appointment as Adjunct Assistant Professors of Pharmacy Practice and are expected to provide instruction to students in the classroom setting as well as the rotation experience. The residents spend approximately one half-day per week at the college to facilitate weekly case discussions, as well as occasional presentation evaluations of students. Each resident is paired with a faculty mentor who will provide feedback and guidance during teaching activities. Below is a brief overview of the responsibilities of the resident. Please visit the Butler University website for more information at www.butler.edu/cophs.
- Facilitate weekly case conference.
- Case conference is an evidence-based review of a patient case with approximately 15-20 students per section.
- Attend pre-conference meetings to prepare for the case the following week.
- Assist in the development of multiple disease state assessments during the case conference course.
- Participate in facilitating and grading of oral presentations, multiple disease state assessments and other projects.