Welcome to the Community Hospital East Family Medicine Residency Program at Community Health Network! To learn how to apply to our program, click here.
Here are some highlights of our program:
- Our Family Medicine Center has been recognized by the National Center for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home.
- Our nationally recognized longitudinal curriculum is a unique feature of our program, and is a three-year curriculum that is designed around the skills required to be a future leader in primary care, with increased time in the Patient Centered Medical Home.
- We are affiliated with a community-based, full-service hospital at Community Hospital East. It’s an environment we feel is ideal for instruction in family medicine, and provides an opportunity for residents to care for an underserved population.
- We have recently expanded to a class size of 10 (up from 8), and our program has been in existence for more than 40 years.
- Our core faculty consists of full-time and part-time family physicians (allopathic and osteopathic), behavioral faculty, a program administrator, a residency coordinator and a practice administrator. Obstetrician-gynecologists, pediatricians, clinical pharmacists, social workers and nurse practitioners are also part of our educational staff. Volunteer family physicians from the community, subspecialist physicians and clinical instructors in other fields round out the faculty.
- We care about the development of our residents and their families as human beings. A generous salary and benefits package, a night float system, ample vacation and CME time and residency retreats are some of the ways we encourage personal and professional growth.
- Our program has a long track record of excellence as evidenced by its tradition of success in the National Resident Matching Program and our graduates’ success on ABFM certification exams.
- We assist our residents in looking outside of and beyond their three years of residency. Involvement in a variety of activities in organized medicine enhances your personal and professional growth. Our practice management curriculum is strong and geared toward making the transition to practice as seamless as possible.
- We are based in Indiana, which grants full licensure after one year of residency. Thus, residents may begin “moonlighting” in the second year.