Make smart eating choices on the road
Try these resources from registered dietitians for fast food suggestions and healthy meal ideas.
You know how important diet can be to your health. Often, such as with diabetes, cancer, heart disease and many other medical issues, proper nutrition is an essential component of your care. In addition, good nutrition can help prevent disease, improve immunity and reduce the need for certain medications.
Whether it's one-time consultation or ongoing counseling for complex situations, Community's diet and nutrition services dietitians work with you to provide the education and support that is right for you and your nutritional needs.
Services we provide
Community dietitians support your medical care with:
- Diabetes education, including gestational diabetes
- Lipid management education
- Pediatric nutrition services
- Enteral and parenteral nutrition education
- Weight management for adults and children
- Disease-specific diets (such as for kidney disease, gastrointestinal problems, polycystic ovarian syndrome, celiac disease, cancer, etc.)
- Food allergy counseling
- Eating disorder therapy
- Pregnancy nutrition counseling
Make an appointment
Whether you're a new or existing patient seeking a consultation or appointment with a dietitian at Community Hospital North, East or South, you must first have your doctor's office send a nutrition referral. Then call Centralized Scheduling at 317-355-4680 to set up an appointment. Outpatient dietitian referral form (PDF) >>