Community South campus, a part of Community Health Network, is home to Community Hospital South, Community Cancer Center South and Community Surgery Center South. Community South is at the forefront of lowering and containing costs, improving quality and increasing access to health care in order to deliver an exceptional patient care experience. The south campus is located just off State Road 31 South and County Line road – serving the south side of the Indianapolis, Johnson County and the surrounding counties. Community South promises to deliver the best possible care with courtesy, compassion, efficiency and respect.
History of Community Hospital South
In the fall of 1989, Community Hospital South opened its doors. The hospital, originally known as University Heights, was acquired by Community Health Network, which promised the communities south of Indianapolis new and expanded medical and surgical services.
Over the next 25 years, Community Hospital South kept its promise and continued to expand services, including:
- In 1993, the family rooms opened, offering new labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum (LDRP) rooms.
- In 2001, expanded cardiovascular services offered a recovery room, research space and a Healthy Hearts Center.
- In 2007, the emergency department expansion opened, featuring a re-designed front entrance and a 19,000-square-foot addition, including 16 private patient rooms, all-private triage rooms and an expanded waiting area.
- In 2008, the newly renovated ER received certification for "green" design by the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System, coordinated by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- In 2010, Community Hospital South completed a five-story $130 million expansion.
- In 2014, Community opened a world-class cancer center on the Community South campus.
- In 2015, Community Hospital South completed a new two-story heart center that expanded the heart program with four additional heart catheterization labs and a second floor for cardiovascular physician offices and treatment rooms.
All Community South facilities provide an exceptional patient care experience in a warm and inviting healing environment – while always looking for ways to expand into new, technologically advanced medical and surgical services – provided by skilled, experienced nurses, therapists, technicians, physicians and surgeons.