Health Tip: Using the Web for Health Information
(HealthDay News) -- While the Internet can be a great source of health knowledge, it is important to make sure that you're getting sound advice from a trusted source.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these guidelines:
- Make sure the information was either written or medically reviewed by a doctor, or that the original source is clearly noted.
- Look for reliable sources for statistics.
- Make sure the information is factual, versus opinion.
- Look for information that has been written or updated within the past year.
- Sites run by government, university or nonprofit organizations tend to be reliable because they are not funded by companies that may have a
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.